[ih] 'internet' and "Internet"

vinton cerf vgcerf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:23:28 PDT 2023

Interestingly, discussions about the interplanetary internet lead to
isolated internets using IPv6 but in a way that does not lead to duplicate
assignments (so later interconnection of isolated internets on the Moon or
Mars, for instance, will not have IP address conflicts). Interoperation
across the solar system uses the Bundle Protocol Suite. Email addresses are
intended to work and even some aspects of WWW may work (RESTFUL interfaces
but not the usual link-filled web page). So Lyman's observation might match
this likely evolution.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 11:21 AM Lyman Chapin via Internet-history <