[ih] Larry Roberts & RD the first electronic mail manager software [was written in TECO on TENEX]

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Tue Aug 8 12:04:27 PDT 2023

interesting that you mention teleconferencing and Case (CASE-10 PDP-10
Tenex), John... as Jim Calvin (also from Case and then to BBN) wrote IIRC
his degree thesis on a teleconferencing client(TALK) and server (TELSER)
that operated from multiple client hosts... i.e. we all didn't have to be
logged into the same system to chat.

when Jim graduated from Case yours truly ran a copy of it on SRI-AI to try
to help facilitate what was known at the time as The Friday Night Forum...
where a bunch of us would congregate on a host such as MIT-AI or SU-AI that
could support more than 5 users LINKed together on Tenex.

each person would use their login name, initials or some other unique
abbreviation to indicate who grabbed the floor first... and when one was
done with their input, you would end with a double return.

ah, those were the days... :D