[ih] 'internet' and "Internet"

Lori Emerson lori.emerson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 08:20:44 PDT 2023

Hi all, just to chime in from Lurker Land, I've thought for awhile it's
also (or more?) interesting to consider how and why the two terms have
become conflated in the same way that internet (which incidentally certain
formats like MLA have determined should now always be lower case) has
become conflated with the web. I don't blame reporters or writers - I think
it's more reflective of a general, depressing shift toward homogeneity
since the 1970s.

yours, Lori

On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 9:16 AM John Levine via Internet-history <