[ih] nice story about dave mills and NTP

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 07:45:28 PDT 2022

Hello Jack,

   Thanks a lot for sharing this, as usual, I enjoy this kind of stories :-)

   Jack/group, just a question regarding this topic. When you mentioned:

"This caused a lot of concern about protocol elements such as
Time-To-Live, which were temporarily to be implemented purely as "hop
counts"

   Do you mean, the original idea was to really drop the packet at
certain time, a *real* Time-To-Live concept?.

Thanks,

P.S. That's why it was important to change the field's name to hop count
in v6 :-)