[ih] "The Internet runs on Proposed Standards"

John Lowry jhlowry at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 15:50:23 PST 2022

I agree that the nomenclature is difficult.

I first encountered the IETF when an “RFC" was a working standard and always viewed
the later STDs as a kind of honorary recognition that an RFC was widely implemented
and accepted.

I would say that the internet runs or at least ran on RFCs.

2 cents worth.