[ih] Internet should be in private hands

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Dec 5 17:36:24 PST 2022

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 06, 2022 at 11:25:43AM +1000, Robert Stanford via Internet-history wrote:
>I can't remember where I read this, but I'm sure I saw a reference to
>the US postal service once suggesting that they should be in charge of
>email and it should be a paid service.

Maybe it was this (warning: paywall):

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-usps-email/

As for the idea that someone should own or control the Internet, that seems to overlook the design of the thing.  Since it's not a unitary network, it can't be owned or controlled by any one entity.

?

--
Andrew Sullivan
ajs at crankycanuck.ca