[ih] Internet should be in private hands

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:31:02 PST 2022

Hello There,

   I think this is the right list to ask.  My apologies if my comments
are not accurate.

   I have heard a couple of times that there was a moment in the history
of the Internet where private companies were putting pressure on the
community indicating that the Internet had to be controlled by a private
company, that it had to be in the hands of someone, not in their free
will. Is it so?. I think these comments used to occur when there was a
big failure in the network (I think I've heard mostly when there were
congestion control issues).., probably in the mid 80's or so.

   Am I crazy or the above actually happened? If so, I'm looking for
information, documentation, references, etc. If I'm wrong nothing
happen, just let me know :-)

Thanks,

Alejandro,