[ih] Funny how things work out and always end at blockchains

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Feb 2 09:09:10 PST 2021

In article <20210202162957.GI35983 at faui48f.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>,
Toerless Eckert via Internet-history <tte at cs.fau.de> wrote:
>Would really be nice to have an eternal assignment history list of at least 2..3 level
>deep. Public. Why isn't there a blockchain for domain assignments ? Done right, that
>would give that functionality for free.

I am amused at anything that puts "blockchain" and "free" in the same sentence, or that
assume that it scales up beyond a prototype.

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to collect all of the changes at every second
or third level name server.  If you'd like public AXFR access to my servers, uh, no.

It makes much more sense to go in the other direction, domain names
are just tokens and you look for semantic meaning at other levels.

R's,
John Levine <johnl at 18.183.57.64.in-addr.arpa>
(try it)
--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl at taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",