[ih] Internet Science in 2021

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Sun Apr 18 12:59:12 PDT 2021

While stumbling through the web on a quiet Sunday, I came upon the
following, and burst out laughing.  From the MIT online catalog:

        *6.267 Heterogeneous Networks: Architecture, Transport,
        Proctocols, and Management*

Reflecting on the decades I've spent arguing about network technology
and getting "down and dirty" diagnosing and fixing sick networks, it
occurred to me that maybe it wasn't just a spelling error (look again),
but rather the emergence of a new branch of the science of networks.

Did you know that while creating The Internet we were all really Network
Proctologists?

Hope you have a good chuckle.

/Jack Haverty