[ih] SpaceX may spend billions to outsource Starlink satellite-dish production, an industry insider says — and could lose $2,000 on each one it sells

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Thu Nov 26 14:29:59 PST 2020

Larry Press wrote in
 <BYAPR03MB3863016BC57FD91A2ABB06C4C2F90 at BYAPR03MB3863.namprd03.prod.outl\
 ook.com>:
 |> I think now the time has come to raise massive taxes on these
 |things which violate the heaven above.
 |
 |Who would you have the tax paid to? The UN perhaps?

I feel happy to response in a way that may appear offensive :-))
Of course the countries where the service is used.

You know it may not matter anymore for America since the ship of
proper infrastructure anywhere else but in bigger cities has
sailed at least three decades ago, with many households living on
debts already in the 70s, as far as i know, and of course with the
middle class and normal workers being f....d up almost completely
(says also The Boss, and Iggy, ++), and of course America itself
(recalling that "how big you have to be not to become busted" from
early 90s that was heard from there), and that was before they say
No. 45 burnt 5 billion dollars in three years before 2020.

But here we do have little businesses and a still _somewhat_ alive
village and city infrastructure, with people living and living
people, and if it would be me then Amazon and any such player with
terrible working conditions would get imposed conditions to
nowhere.  And for a reason.  And for a reason of responsibility,
humanity, and social freedom.

The same is true for network infrastructure too, we do not need
Satellites for normal operation here (despite some regions
actually would need it, i have heard even some very poor African
countries have better mobile communications infrastructure than
some regions of Germany), and we have lots of people working on
that.  Mind you, not far away is a "major" mast, and i have seen
people from all over Germany, but also from Spain, Czechia and
Poland working there!  (The latter three i personally count as
indications how much pressure there is in the market already, but
would do i know.)  Also large lent mobile cranes for bigger
updates, also a business.  So it seems to me here is smart
takeover of a string of professions and rather average rather
local people in favour of some high technology (or pseudo-high
technology) ones somewhere at the other end of the world.
No.

I am totally with the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, and
i loved him saying "let's face it, we only have one Planet" (that
was in America and this is -> !), and he was the one who first
imagined Blue Helmet actions (?) against Brazil or other
(conscious) destroyers of irretrievable treasures.  We all know
most of that will be used for soj for the MEAT! the white man
wants, especially you, America.

Finally i personally am totally pissed by the misuse of all the U*
organizations, as well as the Nobel Price, for political, and that
almost a hundred percent means pro-nato, pro-america, shit
reasons.  Not that i am naive enough to hope that we, the western
world, will stop the misuse and stop that countdown-for-war!
pattern.  But Imagine we would.  To end this positively, never
forgot the day he was shot in New York, fourty years ago.

(Non-representative) Ciao from Germany,

--steffen