[ih] Dave Farber's DCS

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:30:36 PDT 2020

What was the date, approx?

The Cambridge Ring (1974 onwards) avoided that particular defect by having
a packet size of 4 bytes (2 byte address, 2 byte payload) so really it was
more of a memory bus than a network. (Not that I ever worked on it.)

Of course IBM didn't care about you people, they only cared about the Söderblom
patent.

    Brian