[ih] The Xerox Networking "Information Outlet" wall plug

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Thu Jul 9 20:00:22 PDT 2020

john, vis-a-vis "bringing back memories.":

yours truly recalls that during "that era" Xerox had a TV commercial
running on [XNS?] networking that featured "An Information Outlet" of an
[coax BNC connector?  RJ-45? 10 Mbit/s?] Ethernet connection as a "wall
plug type thing."

yours truly once heard that you had managed to obtain/"rip the outlet" of
said "Information Outlet" from the set for which said TV commercial was
filmed?

the question for you is:
1. is this true?
2. whatever happened to the said "Information Outlet"?

[am hoping it is on display at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View,or
perhaps "in use" at the Living Computers: Museum + Labs in Seattle? :D]

vis-a-vis Louie's Hsi Nan potstickers: yours truly would like to call
y'alls summary attention to the best modern day equivalent:

*Annie Chung's*
ORGANIC
{Chicken & Vegetable, Pork & Vegetable, Shiitake & Vegetable} Potstickers
most likely available at a local health food store near you:
https://anniechun.com/products/

indeed those were Very Good Times,

geoff

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 3:48 PM *John Shoch via Internet-history
<internet-history at elists.isoc.org <internet-history at elists.isoc.org>>

Geoff.Goodfellow at iconia.com
living as The Truth is True