[ih] SIP and ENUM

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Jul 6 19:03:59 PDT 2020

On 7/6/20 6:06 PM, Bill Woodcock via Internet-history wrote:
> No, it has to do with being able to receive calls without sitting on
> a static IP address or depending on dynamic DNS to find you.

Think something more akin to the SIP protocol's version of "here's where
I am now" (with authentication to say that I am who I say).  Much like
the various dynamic DNS clients do to update the name to dynamic IP mapping.

It can also include some presence / state information.  If you're busy,
or no device can ring, send the call directly to voice mail.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die