[ih] Today’s Internet Still Relies on an ARPANET-Era Protocol: The Request for Comments (Steve Crocker)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri Aug 7 15:49:39 PDT 2020

On 8/7/2020 3:16 PM, Vint Cerf via Internet-history wrote:
> then came Internet Drafts which highlighted conversation again.

Even I-Ds tend to be used in a more formal way, now, making them more
representative of RFC development snapshots than of comment indicators,
which are handled in email and meetings.

There is, occasionally, an I-D done as a comment on other work -- with
no intent for RFC publication -- but that's extremely rare.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking