[ih] Hourglass model question

David Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 18:31:50 PDT 2019

I drew the diagram which Craig mentions and included it in the 1977 Telnet paper (walden-family.com/public/telnet-overview.pdf).  I believe my original use of the diagram was for a 197? presentation and following 1975 paper for Infocom (walden-family.com/public/infotech-host-protocols.pdf , page 298). I thought it was a good way to illustrate the layering which the Arpanet protocol development people were creating, including that other things could come in at any place.