[ih] reinventing the wheel, was Internet History Lives on the Internet?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Feb 25 09:31:13 PST 2019

In article <527ebafa-7123-e403-7095-0fc58d03005c at meetinghouse.net> you write:
>Now gnutella, and some of the other P2P file sharing systems - that
>replicate copies, or distribute files across a distributed hash table -
>that's another story entirely.

There's certainly plenty of other P2P packages that have been written
over the past 20 years.  I'm reasonably sure that there are ones that
could do the file botnet thing if that's what people want.

Personally, I have more faith in libraries with librarians who have
been thinking about long term archiving.

R's,
John