[ih] reinventing the wheel, was Internet History Lives on the Internet?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Feb 24 18:53:25 PST 2019

>That's what I find intriguing about my Benevolent BotNet notion.  Rather
>than depending on finding an institution interested in, competent at,
>and willing to save history, and hoping that it has longevity, you rely
>on a network of volunteers to provide that survivable infrastructure by
>volunteering their excess computing resources.

Hi again.  Please look at Bittorrent and tell us how it is different
from what you're proposing.

Bittorrent has the advantage of already existing and being deployed
all over the world.  It's notorious for pirated music but it's also
widely used for sharing linux distributions and the like.

R's,
John