[ih] .UK vs .GB

John Klensin jklensin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 09:20:20 PDT 2018

I certainly didn't mean to claim that X.500 would have been a good
substitute for the DNS. Independent of its considerable range of
technical and design issues, in the early 1980s it had already entered
the "ready a couple of years from now" state that continued for more
than a decade so it was really not a plausible option.  However, those
considerations did not prevent its being recommended (and even
aggressively pushed) in various quarters.

   john