Re: [ih] WEDS: BBC Radio 4 ‏ Aleks in Wonderland: The Story of the Internet - Episode 1

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Wed Aug 23 22:42:25 PDT 2017

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017, Leo Vegoda wrote:

> On 23 August 2017 at 17:49, Bernie Cosell <bernie at fantasyfarm.com> wrote:
> > On 16 Aug 2017 at 6:51, Leo Vegoda wrote:
> >
> >> This series looks like it will build on her earlier work, in which she
> >> looked at the development of other technologies we rely on every day,
> >> including satellite communications and transoceanic cables.
> >>
> >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mttrp/episodes/downloads
> >>
> >> It was a very enjoyable listen and still available for download as a
> >> podcast.
> >
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to download the talks? It says
> > "download" but it seems that that refers to listening to a podcast with
> > "iplayer radio".  I'm on a PC running win/7.  Actually, I can't even seem
> > to get there.  It says "avaiable now/28 min" but I can't find anything.
> > Can anyone help me navigate the BBC website and, perhaps, download the
> > podcasts...  THANKS!
> >   /Bernie\
>
> Click on the yellow subscribe button to get links to major podcast
> aggregators or an RSS feed. Click on the download button to be offered
> an MP3.

I agree with Bernie, I did not find a way to download or subscribe to
the Aleks in Wonderland: The Story of the Internet series, or in
particular to the first program, The International League of Geeky
Gentlemen.

I do see the yellow subscribe button on the page at the URL in the
innermost post above, but that is for an earlier Aleks Krotoski
program in 2014.

                                                        -- Steve