[ih] more bounce management, was update about bogus list unsubcribe requests

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sat Aug 27 13:11:36 PDT 2016

On 8/27/16 3:23 PM, Paul Vixie wrote:

> Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
>> There always is the delete button...
> eberhard, i don't intend to exclude you from a conversation about
> whether djb and VERP do more harm than good. if you'd like to come to
> paris for m3aawg i will buy all the beer you can drink and you can
> participate.
>
> however, i'm sensitive to the hundreds of people who would have to use
> their delete button every time we continue talking about not-internet
> not-history here, and i find that i just won't do it, and that i wish
> that others would likewise not do it.

Unfortunately, I will NOT be in Paris, or I'd take you up on the beers.

Meanwhile, it occurs to me to point out that the evolution of mail
standards & software; and the people, technology, and business
conditions that drive them; and the impacts thereof; all seem to be part
and parcel of "Internet History."

In fact, the impact of DMARC on IETF email lists, and on IETF
communications, and the (slow) response of the community in responding,
might make a particularly interesting case study.  As might the more
general impact and response of the community to DMARC.

Rather than "not-internet not-history" - this thread might well be
considered a first draft of Internet History. :-)

Cheers,

Miles

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra