[ih] No, really, I want to stay subscribed

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Tue Aug 23 17:43:44 PDT 2016

Hi, all,

On 8/23/2016 4:15 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:

>>> The usual approach is to send mail to parts of the list with tagged
>>> addresses to see which ones trigger the unsub-bot, and narrow it down to
>>> the guilty party.
> Or to just save incoming messages to  -request, so one can look at the
> headers.
The header indicates it's coming from the mailman system. I.e., these
aren't forged; they're unsub requests.

>> If only there were programmers around to make this happen....
>>
> Not even - just a sysadmin who can update the alias for -request, to add
> an actual mailbox.
>
> Who's listmaster for ih anyway?

I am.

I did some digging on this issue and the suggestion is to disable user
unsubscribe completely (i.e., requires admin OK). Since I don't track
those mails, it may be more difficult to get off the list now, but at
least the stream of unsubs should calm down.

Please let me know if you see further unsub requests.

Joe