[ih] why did CC happen at all?

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Wed Sep 3 13:20:37 PDT 2014

Am 02.09.2014 um 21:47 schrieb Craig Partridge:
>> My basic assumption is always that hardware works as designed.
> I think the examples you've been given should cause you to realize that
> assumption is false.  If not, I'm sure many many many more examples can
> be provided.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Craig

I wanted to understand a rational in a scientific discussion.

Defective hardware is not a scientific problem but something for the
waste basket.

"Pi is about 3.14"
"You are wrong, there are enough counterexamples for defective circles."

And yes, I dealt with defecitve hardware several years in my life. For
years, I worked at user helpdesks. So I know defective hardware very,
very well.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937