[ih] Where is VJCC? Re: O.k., so BSD 4.3 Tahoe is the version of interest.

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed May 28 05:51:07 PDT 2014

GBN is indeed a term of art and was used in link protocols that maintained
packet boundaries and retransmitted them in that form. TCP was different
because it was delivering a bytestream. louie is correct in his
characterization. Whether all unacked data was resent was partly
idiosyncratic to the implementation of TCP and partly a function of the
current window size. As i recall, it was recommended not to reduce the
window to less than previously permitted transfers.