[ih] Your refrigerator probably hasn't joined a botnet

Paul Ferguson fergdawgster at mykolab.com
Sun Jan 19 10:52:19 PST 2014

> How do I *know* that my appliance is not a part of a botnet today?

As a residential consumer, that is a hard problem, but I believe
technologies like DNS RPZ [1] et al. will arise to assist in this area.

And residential broadband providers like Comcast [2] are already
starting to act responsibly to notify consumers (customers) of infections.

Again, as this idea known as IoT, connecting myriad residential (and
other mobile devices such as cars) devices to the Internet, we'll all
be learning. :-)

- - ferg

[1] https://dnsrpz.info/

[2] "Comcast takes free anti-botnet service nationwide"
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20018168-245.html

- --
Paul Ferguson
PGP Public Key ID: 0x54DC85B2