[ih] Congratulations! -- the "Nobel Prize for engineering"!

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 01:24:43 PDT 2013

On 18/03/2013 17:35, Dave Crocker wrote:

> On 3/18/2013 9:28 AM, Jack Haverty wrote:
>> Internet pioneers win engineering prize --
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21831916
>

> one of the rare times that exponential backoff (from congratulations)
> isn't the right algorithm...

+5

However, I am a little miffed that Robert Cailliau missed out.
He really was in at the invention of HTTP and HTML, and in fact,
I'm pretty sure it was Robert who introduced Tim to the concept
of markup languages, in 1980 (when Robert worked for me and
Tim was a contract programmer at CERN).

   Brian