[ih] Historical fiction

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Sat May 12 17:40:40 PDT 2012

For the first few years, there was a well-known socket at NMC that
would return a logical ARPANET map indicating who was up and down at
that moment.  It would print on a single 8.5 x 11 page of paper on a
Model 33 Teletype.  It was discontinued when it would no longer fit.

SDC did have a node in Santa Monica and in DC.  I don't remember what
was connected to it.  It may have been a TIP.  We were doing stuff
with them in the late 70s.  The question is was it DARPA or DCA? or
DISA?

John