[ih] Hesitating to disagree with one of the fath =?iso-8859-h

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Fri May 11 07:59:26 PDT 2012

They were the same machine.  The early version was a 6500, the
successor to the 5500.  Then Burros upgraded the hardware and
produced and the machines were called the 5700 adn 6700, but I can't
remember now what the upgrade was.

The machine we were debugging on was a 6500 serial #2.

I have this vague recollection that the difference was more marketing
than engineering.  But won't swear to it.