[ih] Fw: sf-lovers // Malts Lovers list MALTS-L and non-tech lists

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:05:51 PST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>wrote:

> I do recall these were some problems with an early non-technical mailing
> list
> (wine lovers, I think?), but someone else will have to look into this
> issue -
> I've used my quota of time on this!

I don't know about Wine Lovers, but the Single Malt Scotch Whisky list
MALTS-L was hosted at BBN initially, moved to U Edinburgh
dcs.ed.ac.uk(1995Q1 - 1998Q4), then to U Karlsruhe, and finally to a
private server
lists.grsnet.net under the auspices of The Malt Maniancs as
MM-MALTS-L, where it has revived again after a hiatus.

As custodian of Mike Padlpsky's works, I am interested in the early history
of MALTS-L.

I have full archives for Karlsruhe and MM periods, but only Subject Indices
for Edinburgh and nothing for the BBN period. I am hoping as I dig through
MAP's harddrives I'll find more. If anyone has anything on BBN history of
Malts-L or archives from BBN/Edinburgh periods, I would appreciate !

(I do have a few notes on BBN period, if they'd be of use to the SFL
history.)

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com