[ih] FTP Design

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Sat Jun 30 19:43:56 PDT 2012

That clears that up.

And as Bob suggested, did it hit you all at once?  I wouldn't be
surprised these things often do.

Did you also come up with the NVT?

Could you expound on it a bit more?

This is a stroke of brilliance.  It would be nice to know how it came
about.  It deserves to be better known.

I still teach Telnet even though it is no longer in the textbooks.  I
tell the students that I do it not because they need to know how
Telnet works.  But it is an elegant solution to a problem that no one
else saw. and they may find an analogous situation someday.  And
because too many "brilliant" CS professors and textbook authors these
days refer to it as a remote login protocol, when it was no such
thing.  I want the students to know that while the current crop of
professors may not have much imagination, others did.

John