[ih] URl construct

Christopher Leslie cleslie at poly.edu
Thu Jul 5 11:37:40 PDT 2012

Yes, that was a funny moment a few years ago.

See the New York Times Bits article, "The Web’s Inventor Regrets One Small Thing."

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/the-webs-inventor-regrets-one-small-thing/

On Jul 5, 2012, at 2:13 PM, Joly MacFie wrote:

> I believe I have heard Tim B-L say that, in retrospect,   "://"  was unnecessarily verbose.
>
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc2 at dcrocker.net> wrote:
>    <scheme> "://" <scheme details> was in the original Web design.

> Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
> WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
>  http://pinstand.com - http://punkcast.com
>  VP (Admin) - ISOC-NY - http://isoc-ny.org
> -

Christopher S. Leslie, Ph.D.
Instructor of Media and Technology Studies
Department of Technology, Culture and Society
Polytechnic Institute of New York University
6 MetroTech Center, RH 213i
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 260-3130