[ih] Looking for F. Yates and P. Baran paper

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sun Feb 26 12:05:29 PST 2012

Larry Sheldon wrote:
> On 2/26/2012 1:09 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
>> Silly thought, but have you tried picking up a phone and CALLING someone
>> at RAND? I expect there's a corporate library you could start with.
>
> How "lo-tech" is THAT?!!?!  I was thinking "Hughes" from an earlier
> remark.

Want really lo-tech - try calling the research desk at one's local
library - generally, they can track down anything and obtain it through
inter-library loan.  Really useful when one wants a copy of an obscure
paper that's only available for an exorbitant reprint fee - our local
library can get pretty much anything, and deliver it via email, at no cost.

This Internet thing has nothing on public librarians. :-)

Miles