[ih] theory and practice of RFCs?

Tony Li tony.li at tony.li
Sun Dec 16 09:31:42 PST 2012

On Dec 16, 2012, at 9:02 AM, Scott Brim <scott.brim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Miles: If the audience you want to reach is small enough that you can
> do so directly, do so first, and then create an RFC with all of their
> backing (best way to succeed).  If the audience is wider than that,
> you need to reach out, and an individual draft is not a bad first step
> for finding out who has a stake.

I'll second this.  I'd also suggest submitting it to the relevant IETF/IRTF group as well.

While I do understand and echo some of the comments about the inability of the I*TF to make forward progress, I'm not yet to the point that I've given up on the process completely.  It would seem like parallel execution of both in-band and out-of-band approaches would be expedient and optimal.

Regards,
Tony