[ih] First file transfer on ARPANET

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Wed Dec 12 14:43:08 PST 2012

You are very likely right.  Also given that terminal handling in most
OSs of the day was some of the strangest code you could come across.
;-)  It was a place of many dragons.  Pseudo terminals were benign by
comparison!!  ;-)

If you want to count test programs that just pushed data down the
connection, file transfer was very likely first.