[ih] Fate of Alohanet

Matthias Bärwolff mbaer at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 9 21:37:25 PST 2010

Thanks for all of your responses, I have written to Frank Kuo, and it
turns out that not only did funding stop; also, both Abramson and Kuo
left for DoD jobs, Abramson from 1974 to 75, and Kuo from 1976 to 77.
So, I take it the project kind of died somewhat silently.

I could not find out, though, whether Menehune service continued once
funding ceased; after all, the modems (TCUs, PCUs) plus the software had
been in place. Possibly it did for some more time, but this is mere
speculation.

Matthias

--
Matthias Bärwolff