[ih] ARPAnet Type 3 packets (datagrams)

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Thu Nov 26 10:27:01 PST 2009

On 26 Nov 2009 at 8:50, John Day wrote:

> Which brings up another question.  I had always thought that X.25
> originated mostly with the French PTT.  I have heard stories that the
> Telenet guys had a strong hand in its design.  What is the case?

The first X.25-ness I recall was a spec from Bell-Canada that looked like
it was a broken attempt to full-duplexize the IBM HDLC protocol.  I [and
maybe together with Dave Walden] wrote a few critiques of it for IEEE
Trans/communications and I think it got heavily revised before it was
implemented.

  /Bernie\
mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA