[ih] Amount of funding from ARPA?

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun Dec 27 08:00:42 PST 2009

ARPANET went on from 1969 to 1990 approx. I don't know how much was
spent over that period of time but probably somewhere between $50-70M
would be my guess.

Keep in mind that the Packet Radio, Packet Satellite and Internet
programs were also part of the theme of network research so this could
increase the totals. It would be very interesting to unearth the ARPA
Orders related to ARPANET, and the other programs to see what the
total amounted to.