[ih] Re: [creation date for IANA?

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Wed Mar 20 02:55:59 PST 2002

In message <3C97EE3B.95FE5142 at vlsm.org>, "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" writes:

>I guess that there was never a "formal representation of the ISI
>function". But perhaps, it was stated in a federal contract
>by the late 1980s or early 1990s.

In the early 1990s (I believe) when NSF put out the information services
job for the second time (BBN had run it first time around and had not
been asked to take on IANA and SRI NIC functions), ISI sent out a note
saying they'd team with all proposing parties to do what we now call the
IANA functions.  So I'm sure there's some NSF contract that lists these
functions.

Craig