[ih] Simple question

Ivan.Arias-Rodriguez at nokia.com Ivan.Arias-Rodriguez at nokia.com
Tue Aug 14 09:06:05 PDT 2001

	Hi all there!

	This is probably the simplest question related with Internet history
you will ever receive. I have tried to look at the FAQ but it seems that
this distribution list might be quite new...

	Anyway, the question is related to TCP origin. Actually I have
several related questions:

	- When TCP started to be designed?
	- When its design was finished?
	- When its first implementation was available?
	- When it was really used in Internet?

	I don't need such a precise answer, with the year would be enough
(if you have the month and even the day, it would be great). The point is
that, ok, the RFCs of TCP, IP, ICMP and so on were written in September
1981, but what I have always thought is that Jon Postel made a nice
compilation work, finally writing the RFC, but that TCP was used before than
that date, even some years in advance... Am I wrong? What I have read about
it seems to be incongruent...

	It would be also quite nice if somebody could answer those questions
regarding IPv4 as well, instead of TCP.

	I hope somebody there can help me! Thanks!

	BR Iván Arias Rodríguez