[Ndss-tot-award] Voting results

Paul Syverson paul.syverson at nrl.navy.mil
Wed Jan 23 06:34:44 PST 2019

Hi Trent et al.,

If I recall discussion about this initial reward, it was about picking
ToT papers for the range 1995-2009, with an assumption that in
subsequent years the ToT committee would be picking 0-2 papers from
the proceedings of the year ten years prior to the current year
(e.g. in 2020 select from 2010 proceedings). The default expectation
is to pick 1 each year, though with flexibility.

We had discussed picking 1-2 papers for each year 1995-2009. I could
see that would perhaps be excessive. But narrowing to just 2-3 papers
for the entire 14 years seems extreme the other way.
As it is we have (in the order of vote results below) papers from
1996, 2003, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004.
That seems like an OK spread for this period. Why not select all of them?

Better still, we should consider this as covering the first decade
1995-2005---six test of time papers for a decade seems reasonable to me.
Then the committee next year can do 2005-2010, then
start with just the precise tenth previous year in 2021.
That can be a separate consideration, but whether we consider
the range to be 1995-2009 or 1995-2009, I would strongly prefer
to pick all six of the papers with 5 or more points.

aloha,
Paul