[Ndss-tot-award] A couple Test of Time Award Nominations

David Balenson david.balenson at sri.com
Wed Jan 16 06:58:48 PST 2019

Hi Trent,

I accept my recommendations ;-)
I vote for both my recommendations
I’m willing to support a third paper, esp. the one on source authentication, since I believe TESLA is specified in an Internet RFC and has had an impact. It’s not clear to me how prevalent client puzzles are as an implemented DoS mitigation?
One other paper we might consider is: A First Step Towards Automated Detection of Buffer Overrun Vulnerabilities (918 cites). I’m not sure how much of an impact the work has had on today’s buffer overrun mitigation technologies?

Thanks,

-DB