[dnssec-coord] Thoughts on when to designate a newgTLD as "Operational" in DNSSEC deployment maps?

Marco Davids (SIDN) marco.davids at sidn.nl
Tue Apr 29 04:20:14 PDT 2014

On 25-04-14 14:32, Steve Crocker wrote:

> We don't currently know whether the ICANN staff checks for full implementation of DNSSEC before they authorize delegation.  We could ask what their actual procedure is.

If we do ask, which I believe is a good plan, why not also ask what else
they don't check (or care about for that matter)?

It would certainly be kind of disappointing if ICANN has indeed
delegated new gTLD's that actually don't meet their own requirements.

Let's hope they have good reasons for that.

--
Marco