[dnssec-coord] Thoughts on when to designate a newgTLD as "Operational" in DNSSEC deployment maps?

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Fri Apr 25 05:32:50 PDT 2014

Marco,

This is a wonderful example, in at least two ways, of the difference between theory and practice.  Or perhaps trust but verify. Or both.

Yes, in theory once a new gTLD goes into operation, it should have DNSSEC fully operational.  DS-in-the-root is observable but whether they are accepting registrations is not.  I made a practice of asking each operator, but that's labor intensive and I think Dan would like an automated method of checking.

We don't currently know whether the ICANN staff checks for full implementation of DNSSEC before they authorize delegation.  We could ask what their actual procedure is.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone