[Chapter-delegates] Final Call for Input on the Chapter Charter Agreement (Deadline: 15 September)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
langdonorr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 09:35:28 PDT 2026
I concur with so much of the feedback in this thread... But I felt the
need to note (as we did in our Chapter feedback on the survey form): we, as
an Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)-registered
not-for-profit company limited by guarantee since 1995, will follow the
Australian Corporations Law, not some variably reviewed charter with ISOC. This
affects several of the proposed "improvements," as I foreshadowed more than
6 months ago...
<https://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr
<https://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>
On Wed, 30 Sept 2026 at 02:26, Johan Helsingius via Chapter-delegates <
chapter-delegates at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
> On 29/09/2026 8:30 am, Nicolas CHAGNY via Chapter-delegates wrote:
>
> > We have reservations about a rule that would prevent members from
> > serving in the governance of a chapter outside their country of
> > residence
> I just wanted to chime in and strongly support this, by offering
> myself as an example - I am currently chair of SIY (the Finland
> chapter), but I am resident in the Netherlands. We have had
> several board members who have, due to their work, been
> resident in Brussels.
>
> Julf
>
> _______________________________________________
> As a Chapter Leader, you are automatically added to the Internet Societys
> Chapter Leaders Community Group and the Chapter Delegates e-list, which is
> regularly synchronized with the Internet Society Chapter Portal (AMS):
> https://community.internetsociety.org.
> The Internet Society has a legitimate interest to communicate with its
> chapter leaders, you will therefore remain subscribed for the duration of
> your term and will be unsubscribed automatically when your term ends.
> Please note that the archive of this list is publicly accessible and may
> be viewed by anyone. By submitting information to this list and
> contributing to the communications, you acknowledge that the contents will
> be publicly visible.
> View the Internet Society Code of Conduct:
> https://www.internetsociety.org/become-a-member/code-of-conduct/
> -
> Unsubscribe:
> https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9b6ef0621638436ab0a9b23cb0668b0b?The%20list%20to%20be%20unsubscribed%20from=Chapter-delegates
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://elists.isoc.org/pipermail/chapter-delegates/attachments/20260930/5eeaf1c7/attachment.htm>
More information about the Chapter-delegates
mailing list